Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help on my corrupted hard drive  (Read 2078 times)

Zariouhx

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Need help on my corrupted hard drive
    « on: May 25, 2019, 05:46:04 PM »
    Hi! pls help, Today I connected my hard drive to another computer, and it got corrupted, I tried to fix it using CMD prompt but it didn't work, I would love if there is a way i can fix it without losing my data, Thanks in advance.

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Need help on my corrupted hard drive
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 07:05:46 AM »
    First check the used capacity of the hard drive and total size of the files & folders which has different characters as filename. If there is a difference in the size,
    Open your drive in windows explorer.
    Goto > Tools > Folder Options > click on View tab > Select Show hidden files, folder & Drives And uncheck "hide protected operating system files".
    Click Apply and then click ok.
    Re-check if you can see all your data?

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Need help on my corrupted hard drive
    « Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 08:45:43 PM »
    Hi

It's hard to advise the next steps without knowing more about the drive. Like it's size is it larger than 2TB? Is it usb ?
    This can sometimes happen if you use a USB 3.0 drive plugged into a USB 2.0 port. the drive takes more current than the usb 2.0 port can supply which causes the drive to be unstable corrupting the data. If this is the cause the data should be recoverable.
    First tell us some more about the drive. Then download and run hdsentinel trial from here   https://www.hdsentinel.com/download.php
    If you could post some of the information screens for the drive. Here is some images for a drive I'm working on.

ONLY DO THE NEXT STEP IF THE DRIVE IS 100 % HEALTHY.

If the above checks out I would download Reclaime from here  https://www.reclaime.com/
    And run a recovery to see if the files are still there.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan