Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BootDevice Not found  (Read 9250 times)

snoozewaifu

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    BootDevice Not found
    « on: June 02, 2019, 09:24:08 AM »
    Hello. I am not very good with laptops and such and I need help with this issue . I opened my laptop and it said “Boot Device Not Found, Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk (3F0)

I pressed enter and it took me to the HP Basic System Diagnostics. I completed a Memory Test and passed. However, when I tried to do the Hard Drive Check, it said “SMART CHECK: NOT INSTALLED” and “Short DST: NOT INSTALLED” and my only option was to go back to the main menu.

So I pressed exit and it said “Media failure, Check cable” Then the same thing repeats.

It is very strange to me that this is happening because it never happened before and I was using my laptop yesterday just fine. Thank you in advance for the help!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: BootDevice Not found
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 03:33:45 PM »
    Hard Drive Died if you haven't opened the laptop internally and haven't messed with anything inside.

Replacement Hard Drive or SSD required to fix the drive issue. Other option if you don't have money for a hard drive is to get a USB Flash Drive or SD Card if your laptop has a SD Card Reader and install Linux Mint to the Flash Drive or SD Card and run the computer off of that. However if you absolutely need to run Windows then you will need to replace the bad hard drive as for Microsoft doesnt allow installing Windows to USB Flash or SD Cards.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 07:32:02 PM »
    Was it dropped ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

softwaretested

• Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 04:31:38 AM »
    Try to reseat the hard drive. If you have Intel Optane memory installed, make sure that it is configured correctly.