Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No picture on my monitor  (Read 5634 times)

gilberto

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Re: No picture on my monitor
    « Reply #15 on: June 01, 2019, 10:49:08 PM »
    Oké.I will follow your advice and look for a mobo with the socket 375. But they are not easy to find anymore.
    gilberto  :D

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 03:29:43 PM »
    socket 370 not 375.  ;)

If it were me, I'd go with a better board for the money. You might find that the Pentium III era motherboards are the same money for a faster board or even a complete computer may be obtained inexpensively. Additionally if you ask around people you know you might be able to get one free or cheap as for myself I have gotten computers free as well as cheaply because people stopped using an old computer and it remains in their home but not thrown away. They hear that you can use it and its given to you or sold cheaply to you at a cheaper cost than buying a used computer online.

Many places sell refurbished computers at around $80-$120 USD and with a warranty usually as well. I have seen much faster Core 2 Duo systems sold for as low as $79.99 at www.newegg.com

Is there a specific need to stick with a Pentium III era board? Such as your adding in cards that need an ISA slot or running games or software that are legacy hardware specific that wouldnt be compatible with a newer used computer?

gilberto

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 05:30:52 PM »
      Thank you very much for your reply. My motherboard was purchased in 2001. So a very long time ago. I will ask my computer dealer if sometimes he can find another transcend TS-asp3 mobo with the socket 370. I still bought a computer in 2008 with Windows 7 and bought a computer in 2018 with Windows 10.
      I want to buy the same motherboard to be able to work with the OS experience and my Music program Magix Music Maker. The accounts view usually does not work properly on the other operating systems. So in Windows 7 and Windows 10, Magix Music can not be installed skinny.
      Grtz
      Gilberto    ;)

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      « Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 07:05:26 PM »
      The computer was it running Windows XP, if it is and you get different hardware it will likely need to be re activated. Which isn't easy now Microsoft has stopped XP activation's.
      I would make a copy of the hard drive before trying different hardware.
      And keep the original drive so if windows de activates you still have a backup.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

gilberto

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 04:00:58 PM »
        Thanks.
        You mean when I install a new (old) Transcend TS-ASP3 motherboard, that my hard drive with the operating system experience Pro will no longer work. Maybe. But i speak from experience because when I bought my last PC with Windows 10 after one week the computer did not work anymore. There had to be a new mobo and memory installed. Then I faced what you are writing now. When I wanted to install my newly purchased new DVD disc with Windows home 10 on it, this could not be more because a new motherboard was installed. My Computer dealer couldn't help me and also didn't want to give a new DVD with Windows 10.  I then found the solution on the Internet. And you can now use your Microsoft account in Windows 10 to have the activation done after a replacement of the motherboard.
        I have two more hard drives with the OS experience and I can also install Magic Music Maker on another pc in the room.
        The reason is that i want a new (old) mobo Transcend TS-asp3 to be able to compare this to my broken main board. So I can see the errors I made better.   
        Grtz,
        gilberto      :)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 09:03:21 PM »
        The computer was it running Windows XP, if it is and you get different hardware it will likely need to be re activated. Which isn't easy now Microsoft has stopped XP activation's.
        I would make a copy of the hard drive before trying different hardware.
        And keep the original drive so if windows de activates you still have a backup.

With XP all you need to do is run a Repair Install...

[urlhttp://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm}[/url]
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

gilberto

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2019, 07:17:05 PM »
          Thank you.
          I have another question. I want to install Windows Home 10 (OEM version) on my old PC. Normally, Microsoft allows only OEM installations on new computers. But if I delete everything on my hard drive which is Windows 7 and also make the BIOS empty to factory settings, is it possible to install Windows Home 10 (OEM version) on my old computer?
          Gilberto      ???

Lisa_maree

Mentor
          • My first real computer
            • Yes
          « Reply #22 on: June 06, 2019, 11:51:14 PM »
          Hi

Yes you can install windows OEM onto any suitable hardware old or new. There is a few things , the licence key can only be used once. So if you later upgrade the hardware or wish to load the OEM windows on another computer it most likely won't activate. If it does activate the first activation will be lost.
          Also if the licence is brand locked like HP or Dell the licence should only be used on that brand computer.
          You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
          ― John Bunyan

gilberto

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 08:44:16 AM »
            I want to install the Windows home 10 OEM on the primary partition next to my Windows 7. So a dual-boot. Is this possible?
            Grtz
            Gilbert.   ;)

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #24 on: June 07, 2019, 09:28:30 AM »
            I wouldnt do it on the same HDD....best setup is seperate HDD's

When installing 10 unplug the Win7 HDD...
            Then run setup completely....install Win 10 drivers...test that all is working and do a few cold boots.

When all is good re-connect the Win 7 HDD.
            Then you simply enter BIOS at boot and select which HDD you want to boot to.

PS i give my HDD's Volume labels so its easy to tell which is which...or you can just go by make and model
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

gilberto

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »
              Thanks again.
              I will do it as you say. I want to buy a pointer NUC8I3BEK/Core i5-8109U 8 GB DDR4 250 GB SSD Wifi + BT. You will find this a good idea? The reason is because my 3 laptops are connected to the AC power all year round and therefore consume a lot of power. A mini-PC can be switched off after use without a battery being able to drain. How long can a laptop stay connected without using it for the battery is empty? 
              Grtz
              Gilbert      ???