Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS no show on old and new motherboards  (Read 2266 times)

Yoolee

BIOS no show on old and new motherboards
« on: January 15, 2006, 07:06:53 AM »
So, the first steps to boot up a computer.  I did my research.  The BIOS does not show up!  On my old motherboard and my new motherboard.  My old motherboard failed because, I thought was a power failure, but could have been a hardware.  Like I cleaned up all the dust on the motherboard and it won't start again.  The new motherboard, it just won't start.  Nothing wrong with it.  Same problem on all motherboards.

Sorry, I keep on forgetting to put on my system details.

The old motherboard is about 4 years old and i'ts a LVDRMM or something that eMAchines 2080 used back in 2002.

The new one I remember. It's a RS 630 or something like that.  I'm on someone's computer and I don't remember it.  I'll check back later.  This new motherboard also has a new Processor..the Intel Pentium 4 630?  All these names confuse me.

I did more research. I think the old motherboard initially shut down becuase it was a hardware failure.  The BIOS battery could have failed becuase prior to the shut down..my computer clock has been way behind.  Research tells me that the BIOS handles the system clock.  If the system clock or computer clock has been off...the BIOS of CMOS was off too.  Ok, I know that the old motherboard was screwy with all that dust and no updates because i didn't even know any of that BIOS business.  I just buy a new computer.  Now i'm tired of wasting money.

But, wha'ts up with the new motherboard?  

Here's another thing.  My family bought another eMachines computer the 5020?  I don't remember.  But the first time we plugged it..the BIOS wouldn't boot the computer.  I thought I had the computer curse.  If you noticed with my bad luck with 2 other motherboards.  Anyways, but the next morning..my sister plugged the new computer in and it worked.  So for this new motherboard..I guess I'll have it plugged in again and again over night or something.  This is not funny!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 05:32:43 PM by Yoolee »

GX1_Man

Re: BIOS no show on old and new motherboards
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 07:20:39 AM »
If it is a problem on all motherboards, the problem is you, obviously. ;)

Do you have any successful experiennce with doing this?

If you want to post many details about the system and the problem we will try to assist, but Miss Cleo is off today, and you have given us nothing to work with.

J0K3R

Re: BIOS no show on old and new motherboards
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 07:22:54 PM »
go back and do more research,,,
find out if your current power supply can power your new motherboard

and one more thing if you want to keep the old one going ,, change the cmos battery for a new one ,, itll cost u a cpl of dollars.

and when you change the battery clear your cmos settings (look for the jumpers on the motherboard)

hope ive steered you in the right direction.

hey you gotta start somewhere and thats exactly where i started :P
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 07:25:24 PM by J0K3R »