Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Sound - Red X on all Audio and Video  (Read 4085 times)

dove

Topic Starter

Rookie

• My Puter Drives Me Crazy
    No Sound - Red X on all Audio and Video
    « on: January 15, 2006, 02:59:45 PM »
    Had this issue few months back and was fixed by someone emailing me 6 files related to sis7018. Computer verifies that I have these already installed cannot resolve loss of audio, DID A RECENT MASS DELETE OF UNIMPORTANT FILES ALSO RESTORED THEM. Computer also has plenty of rundll.32 errors as well as lexplore.  :-/

PLEASE HELP email is [email protected]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: No Sound - Red X on all Audio and Video
      « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 03:44:56 PM »
       dove...... the sis7018 would be drivers for your sound card ........
      It almost sounds like ..... you have somehow lost the drivers.
      Which operating system are you using ?
      You might try D/L this file and installing it ...it will provide a lot of info about your system which will assist in resolving your issue.
      http://dl.euronet-bz.com/everest/everesthome220.zip
      It is in English .......

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 03:49:04 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dove

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 04:19:51 PM »
        Hi

The guy that was helping me had me download Everest I don't know if I still have it or not but I can't understand a thing on the page you sent me or find the English version.  :-/
        The help page I visited told me to delete the devices but there are so many of them x-ed out I am afraid to do that and am not sure if I delete each file or the whole audio device title and all, I need someone to walk me through this step by step. The files are not gone they might not be in the proper place who knows but I definately have the ones I need.  I don't understand why my video device has so many not working either never had that before until I started doing this random deleting but I restored everything hmmmm.  

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 04:48:48 PM »
           dove..... Ok , lets go bck to square one ...... What operating system are you using ?

BTW ..... I tested that link before I sent it to ....and it should have D/L the file ..... I just went back and tried it again and the link has been changed .....

I will send you another utility which will give you similar info on your system .....  PC Wizard 2005 ...  http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,25444,00.asp

dl65  ::)
          « Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 04:54:42 PM by dl65 »
          If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dove

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 06:33:59 PM »
            Thanks for the help!!  I downloaded the pcwizard and just when it was proccessing to load on my computer it froze and I had to completely shut the thing off nothing else would work.  I went to see if the program is there and of course it was not completely installed...just trying to let you know what is taking so long over here....will try it again

dove

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »
              did translation from italian not much help.  Did search on Everest edition found the home edition is no longer being offered but did find it still exists in geeks.com so I do have that now........operating system is winme. Computer is doing alot of freezing!!

J0K3R

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 07:11:13 PM »
              if you can afford to upgrade from win ME to win 2000 or XP (if your pc will allow) do that. otherwise go back into your device manager and uninstall all the devices that have that red x next to them and reboot cause the drivers are all on your pc still.

dove

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 07:19:52 PM »
                I've heard it's suicide to update to xp better to just dump the puter and get a new one that said, the computer I have now is a hard drive taken from a HP and put into a Vpremier (don't know how I did it) so it's a miracle it's even working lol. The sound is the main issue I am having right now so I will just try to address that...i will delete everything and be back thanks much !

J0K3R

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 07:27:48 PM »
                heh its suicide to stay with ME ,, i had it once,, lasted no longer than 2 days on my machine before i formatted and reinstalled 98SE

in  my opinion ME was rushed out by microsoft trying to cash in on the Y2K bug (um what Y2K bug)
                « Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 07:28:54 PM by J0K3R »

dove

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 07:39:57 PM »
                  deleted what I could red x still showing on

Video Codecs- deleted everything under it how do I restore what should be there
                  Audio Codecs- has microsoft PCM converter thats it but audio is now working. I found the drivers in a file I restored to the desktop

However, Windows media player will not open says, internal application error and I doubt I have video now...sigh

dove

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 08:29:33 PM »
                    Don't know how I did it but everything appears to be working (appears) I reinstalled windows media player and the video is working as well....

Thanks for your help!