Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to boot after installing motherboard  (Read 2643 times)

bok6782

Unable to boot after installing motherboard
« on: January 15, 2006, 11:27:28 PM »
 Hello, I am new to this so I dont know if I am using the right forum.  Anyway, I installed a new motherboard and cpu Intel desktop board d101ggc and a celeron chip. Since then, when I try to boot the computer it comes back saying windows was not able to start, to try one of the options allowing it start normally or try safe mode.  Nothing happens when I try safe mode, and when I allow it to start normally it goes thru the same process everytime.  I have tried to boot it with a boot disk but at the end it just goes to the a prompt and stops.  I tried reseating the memory, unplugging the cd and dvd drives and several other things as instructed by intel support on their site, but nothing works. Is there something I am missing? Please help.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Unable to boot after installing motherboard
    « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 11:50:58 PM »
    bok6782.....  Have you gone into the bios and checked to see if all the components are being recognised ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

marine80

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 03:26:37 AM »
    hi
     check the ram chips.maybe youve got bad chips or the mhz doesnt match
    with the motherboards mhz.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:01:48 AM »
    Did you try reinstalling Windows? It sounds like you just plunked in a Mobo with a previous installation that was used to different components.

Some people can do a repair installation, but this would be easier on you and your brain to try. Make sure your data is backed up!!!

bok6782

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 07:03:15 PM »
    Thanks to all for your quick response.  I tried the last one which was to reinstall windows and after a couple of tries was able to boot the computer.  However, in so doing, all the programs that was on the hard drive are there but the only ones recognised by windows are the ones when you install a new copy of windows.  Hope this makes sense to you as I want to get them on windows.  Do I got into the C drive and drag them to the desktop? Forgive me for asking such silly questions and thanks again for your wonderful help.
     :P