Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Comparing hard drive performance  (Read 2154 times)

positivethink

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Comparing hard drive performance
    « on: August 05, 2019, 09:05:39 AM »
    I need to change my laptop with Windows 7 which has a 64 bit hard drive. I've been offered a refurbished laptop with Windows 10 but only 32 bit. What difference will there be in performance?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Comparing hard drive performance
    « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:54:14 PM »
    Someone wants to trade a laptop that is running Windows 10 32-bit for your laptop that is running Windows 7 64-bit OS?

My issue with a Windows 10 laptop with 32-bit OS is that its likely that it only has 3GB or less RAM available and its probably also older than the laptop you already own so its probably a bad trade. A laptop with Windows 7 64-bit usually has 4GB or more RAM.

There is more to performance than a 32 or 64-bit OS. What make/model is your current computer and the one that is a refurb with Windows 10 32-bit?

Personally I would try to find a laptop that is Windows 10 64-bit, because the 32-bit Windows 10 sounds fishy as if its really old hardware and might not support more than 4GB RAM.