Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10  (Read 17844 times)

matthewc1976

Starter

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 04:16:46 AM »
Someone sounds like a Computer Salesperson on this board. As for Breadcrumb, I plan on buying a refurbished Laptop with Windows 10 on it also. You have to go to a store that sells computer parts or software and buy a Windows 10 key. It comes on a USB drive and I found one that apparently costs $100 + taxes. Microsoft charges the stores that sell these keys, they don't give software away.

I am not a sales rep,  I spotted the deals when I was looking up the model number.   

You can safely ignore this advice...

It would be worth stating why you disagree with what I posted or is this one of those boards that makes it ok for an admin that doesn't agree with a person trying to help by dismissing an opinion without any rationale ?!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 06:27:21 AM »
He would like to avoid buying another PC...Win 10 runs fine on 4G of RAM.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

strollin

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 07:44:04 AM »
For the vast majority of users, 4GB of RAM is plenty to run Win 10.  I personally have several systems with 4GB of RAM that run Win 10 without issue.  In addition, adding more RAM won't automatically improve a computer's performance anyway, it depends on the mix of applications being run at a particular time whether additional RAM is worthwhile.