Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: App needed to power off android 5.1.1 so battery will not go dead after 15 min  (Read 3907 times)

John1397

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    App needed to power off android 5.1.1 so battery will not go dead after 15 minutes of no activity.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Which device?
    In settings there is a battery saver option.

But if you want an app, look at these:
        DU Battery Saver. ...
        Battery Doctor (Battery Saver) ...
        Power Battery. ...
        Kaspersky Battery Life. ...
        Avast Battery Saver. ...
        Greenify. ...

Look in the play store.

DaveLembke

Sage
    Confused why an Android device would drain a battery in 15 minutes.

Sounds like the issue is that you need a healthy battery. So replacing battery in the device is probably the best fix vs trying to reduce drain of battery.

John1397

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      Which device?
      In settings there is a battery saver option.

But if you want an app, look at these:
          DU Battery Saver. ...
          Battery Doctor (Battery Saver) ...
          Power Battery. ...
          Kaspersky Battery Life. ...
          Avast Battery Saver. ...
          Greenify. ...

Look in the play store.
      Will look these up, only battery saver is shuts down apps  when at 15% power level.
      « Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 06:51:55 PM by patio »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      Will look these up, only battery saver is shuts down apps  when at 15% power level.
      How odd. My android will still make a phone call at 2% battery. However, the battery change algorithm is not very reliable. You should consider betting another battery.

John1397

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        Some one needs to invent app that shouts smart phone off after 15 minutes of no activity just like on windows computers.

DaveLembke

Sage
        Some one needs to invent app that shouts smart phone off after 15 minutes of no activity just like on windows computers.

If an app existed it would mean that you would likely miss phone calls because phone would be off when someone is calling. Additionally each time you wanted to use the phone you would have to boot it completely up.

I have a LG16C smartphone from 2015 and to extend my battery life I shut off the 3G internet connection. This way it can still be used as a phone. When I want to get online I enable the data connection to 3G do what i need to do and then shut off the data connection.

Phones will run dead faster when data connection is enabled and also far from a tower or inside a building where it needs to increase its signal to overcome loss to try to maintain handshake with tower.

If I leave my 3G data connection active and go into my work where there is no cell or 3G signal by smart phone will go maximum output to try to establish connection and battery completely dead in about 4 hours. With me shutting off the 3G data connection I can go almost 30 hours before battery dead.