Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printed confidential document on public printer  (Read 3027 times)

michp

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Printed confidential document on public printer
    « on: October 12, 2019, 08:37:06 PM »
    Hi. For some unknown reason I thought it was OK to print a confidential document at a print shop. Now a couple hours later I'm panicking that I did such a stupid thing. I'm not sure if I can or should do anything about it. Realistically, would the person that released the print job for me know or care what was on that document? I stood by the printer and picked up all my pages but could she have mistakenly printed more than one copy? Can that document from the print queue be reprinted? What is the likelihood of someone accessing that printer then finding my document? ...As you can see I'm pretty freaked out about this. Any advice would be appreciated!

Salmon Trout

Re: Printed confidential document on public printer
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 01:03:03 PM »
    Large printer/copier devices often have a hard drive inside which stores any print job, fax, copy, or scan done on that machine. So it's possible that someone could re-print your document. Whether it is likely, we cannot tell.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Printed confidential document on public printer
    « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 04:56:26 PM »
    Tell the print shop your concerns...exactly how sensitive is this document ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "