Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gnr Monitor Response time  (Read 2496 times)

Crafty

Gnr Monitor Response time
« on: January 19, 2006, 03:58:45 PM »
Hi
I have a Gnr 19 " monitor, But have no idear what response time it is. Its not the TFT flat screen its the older monitor big bulky one. Its just i have built a new rig for gamming and have been told that the response time of your monitor is important...is this true? people say 8mm is good for games. How will i find out the response time of the monitor i have? its got no model number or anything on it. Cheers for any help.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 04:16:07 PM by Crafty »

Computer_Commando

Re: Gnr Monitor Response time
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 04:58:28 PM »
Not mm (milimeters), ms (milliseconds).  Response time is only an issue with LCD's (flat panels).  There is no response time for a CRT, because they are still faster than LCD's

Pixel-response rate: This refers to how quickly a pixel can change colors, measured in milliseconds (ms); the fewer the milliseconds, the faster the pixels can change, reducing the ghosting or streaking effect you might see in a moving or changing image. In general, manufacturers' specifications rely on best-case scenarios; real-world performance could be slower. A maximum of a 12ms-to-15ms response time across the spectrum is required for gaming or viewing television and movies without ghosting or streaking.

Crafty

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 05:13:35 PM »
Thanks so are you saying that this monitor i have is good for gamming? and that my monitor has no response time?. Is that what i have a CRT.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 05:15:26 PM by Crafty »

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:29:30 PM »
Yes, that is a CRT, and overall they are better than LCD's for gaming. Have fun!  ;)