Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: uninstall updates  (Read 15035 times)

sandra123

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    uninstall updates
    « on: November 15, 2019, 02:48:52 AM »
    Hi,
    hope you guys can help me. I let the computer do the updates last night and since then the computer has been slow and losing it;s internet connection. I have tried to uninstall the updates but I am having problems. I get to the uninstall  updates utility and can uninstall one of the updates but the other will not uninstall where it has the organize and uninstall the second one does not have uninstall. And I don't kn ow what to do please help
    Thank you
    Sandra

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: uninstall updates
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »
    The first thing that came to mind: if you have System Restore active and you have a system restore point, then you might want to try using it to go backwards in time just to before you installed the updates or to an earlier point in time depending on what you have and would like to use.

sandra123

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 09:02:06 PM »
      hi,
      I tried system restore but I hadn't set it up. this computer isn't very old but I still should have set up system restore

sandra123

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 09:43:52 PM »
        the one which I cannot uninstall is
        Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4524569)
        I have seen that I can possibly do it through the cmd prompt but I'm a little scared to try it. ( that happens as you get old) But the computer is terrible the way it is I have to do something