Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Big trouble.  (Read 2479 times)

NA

Big trouble.
« on: August 09, 2004, 09:38:13 AM »

Due to my stabilizer broken, I've been starting my computer withOUT using the stabilizer. I've been warned before that it may cause some damage to the computer.

After several days, my computer runs slower than it used to be. The current account I was using didn't respond at all, so I had to make another new account. When I logged in to my new acc. for the first time, an error message said - from User Environment, we cannot load the account with the user's profile, so they load it with the detail profile.

From there, the desktop background doesn't work, so I don't use the wallpaper. And whenever I log in the second time, the programs listed in the start menu are gone.  No more hidden Icons showed on the taskbar. only the time. SOmetimes it takes 10 minutes just to enter and for the account to be loaded.

My computer is now in a big mess. i can't use an account more than once. Which part of the computer has been affected?
Is there anything I can fix?

I had put back the stabilizer after it's been fixed.

Thank you for your time. I hope you're able to help.

NA.

Raptor

Re: Big trouble.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 11:44:12 AM »
What would a 'stabilizer' do?

NA

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 01:22:31 PM »
The voltage is sometimes too high. In the country I live in, everyone uses stabilizer for their computer to maintain the voltage.

Isn't my problem explains that the use of stabilizer do affect the computer?

Forty9ine

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 12:20:31 PM »
Please can anybody help me sort this out?

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »
what is your question...what the original poster was referening to was the voltage stabilizer in the psu...

NA

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 02:43:55 PM »
Well I asked some guys on another forum, and they've really helped me out. My computer got back to how it was.

It happened to be a virus from evil Spyware. I got rid of that.

Thanks for your concern, merlin_2. I really do appreciate it. If you have any problems you can't sort out, you may also visit ComputerForums.com The guys are v.supportive and they listen well. They're great experts!

Thanks again guys, Have a great day!