Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't remove network protocols...  (Read 4855 times)

troubledone

Can't remove network protocols...
« on: January 22, 2006, 05:31:21 PM »
I am trying to remove network protocols in networking, so I can reinstall them to see if this will solve my networking problem, but when I remove them and reboot computer they come right back. What is wrong here? Anyone? :(

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
    Re: Can't remove network protocols...
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 11:47:33 PM »
    How did you try to remove?
    Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

J0K3R

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 11:54:38 PM »
    Is this on Win XP ,, if so you might not like to find that you cant uninstall TCP/IP (dont know about the others) but with this one you can perform a command line approach to reinstalling it. start>run then  type netsh int ip reset [ log_file_name]

read this page for a full overview
    http://www.petri.co.il/reinstall_tcp_ip_on_windows_xp.htm

troubledone

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 09:52:08 AM »
    Tried to remove by clicking on them and clicking remove and then ok, and ok again and then restarted computer. Windows 98Se is what I'm using. I keep trying to remove these and they keep coming back. It is hooked up to a ethernet switch, should I unplug and them try again? Any suggestions?  :-? Thanks.

troubledone

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 09:37:42 AM »
    Would really appreciate some help on this. Could it be a virus doing this or do I need to do something else to get these protocols off that don't belong? Please? :(

troubledone

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 08:20:46 PM »
    Thanks for your help. I am running windows 98SE on the computer I'm having trouble with, and I can't get on the internet, having trouble with networking because I'm trying to network windows 2000 Prof and 98Se. I'm trying to fix the protocols because some don't belong for ICS.

troubledone

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »
    Got it!!! :D Started it up in safe mode and removed protocols and restarted and it went back to normal.

Now if I can figure out whats wrong with my network, ethernet switch has a green led light but all my NICS are working properly, I bought a new ethernet switch and it stills shows a green led light and the other computer's led lights are orange the color they are suppose to be. Tryng to network a two 98Se's and a 2000 Prof.

Anyone know anything about this?

Can't ping the one with the green led light. Tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling the NIC card. Changed all cables and uninstalled TCP/IP and reinstalled. Thanks again.  ;)