Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pc (Win 10) with broken screen stuck in safe mode ans won't let me use hdmi  (Read 5191 times)

MercurialK

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hello, i am having a serious issue with my All in one MSI PC. The screen on the computer is broken. So i was using it on an external hdmi tv without any issue (only hdmi output supported on pc). So, i did sort of a disk scan with it, don't know what happened but without paying much attention, it got into safe mode. Since, it won't let me use the HDMI output to display on another screen (i can't afford the replacement of the screen ATM). I have tried disconnecting the in-built screen cable inside, but still it won't work.

I was guessing that even if i couldn't see anything, i could enter my account password (with the help of num lock light on boot). Let me explain, when i turn on the pc, Num lock light is on, the it goes off automatically and i will have to switch it back on with the num lock light key. I guess it is asking for password even if i used to use a PIN in normal mode. But i can't go any further. Can you please help me. I have a lot of important things in this pc.

Thank you in advance.