Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A Different Kind Of Media Player Problem.  (Read 2999 times)

Gandalf_Gurgi

A Different Kind Of Media Player Problem.
« on: January 22, 2006, 11:36:35 PM »
I really hope that there is someone here who has incontered this problem,and knows how to fix it. The last time I tried to burn a CD was just beofe Christmas, and Windows Media Player 10 worked fine. Last evening I went to burn me a copy of some Stevie Ray Vohn songs for my car stereo, and noticed that along the top of the page for the burner, that Windows Media Player had posted a message, saying "No CD, or DVD burner has been decetced." I have no idea what started this, but I started going through Microsoft, and Windows Media Player sites, and I have tried EVERYTHING, and to no avail. I have updated the driver for my CD burner, I have rolled back Windows Media Player, reinstalled version 10, and still nothing. I have Winamp, and was able to burn a CD with it, only it won't play in my car. Am at wits end, and ready to start pulling out what little hair I got left. If no one has had this problem, or knows of a solution, let me know it there is another media player that I can use to burn CDs that will play in my car that isn't going to cost me and arm and a leg. Perferably free.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: A Different Kind Of Media Player Problem.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 05:23:33 AM »
I'm sure I saw a link to a freeware CD burner around here somewhere....

Just one bit of advice.  If your burning software allows it, slow down the write speed.  If you burn an audio CD at 48x, many (non-PC) CD drives will be unable to read it.  It is also a good idea to use high quality recording media.  (CD-A standard should play in pretty much anything.)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
  • Give them nothing, but take from them everything
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 07:28:05 AM »
    Some cd's are unreadable if they aren't have burned music on them. Some music files are made like that so they can't replay on certain cd's. Try a different cd-r and that may fix your problem. That is what I had to do when I had windows media player. Real One Player is really good with burning cd's if you need to get another player.
    HP Pavilion A6010n
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.80 ghz
    XFX Nvidia 7600gt PCI-E graphics card
    2 GB Kingston DDR2 SDRAM PC4200
    Antec 500W PSU

fuzzyhead1975

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 03:40:31 PM »
    HI I had a problem just like this.When I went to burn a cd on my program that is used to burn them it said no cd drive found.I found an article that said to go into the registry (hit start,run,then type regedit).The article told me to go in and delete the upper and lower filters in all the controlsetcurrent things in your registry.Then reboot your computer.I'm no computer expert by far but i tried everything else and this is the only thing that worked for me ......hope it works for you. ;D