Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Using Dualview  (Read 2598 times)

Najawe

Using Dualview
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:54:40 PM »
I have beent trying to get the Dualview feature to work for quite a while. I have a GeForce 5700FX which supports the Dualview function. After updating my drivers I turned off my computer, plugged in my second monitor (tested and proven to work by itself), and then turned the PC back on. (Using WinXP) I get into the desktop and right-click > properties > settings > advanced> GeForce (Vid Card/Display Adaptor) and eneabled the dualview feature. I have also tried from the Settings option. No matter how I try it I get a blank second monitor, but I can pull items over to the second monitor. I can't find anythign online to help I'm hoping someone here can.

Thank you,
Nathan

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Using Dualview
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 09:23:59 PM »
Are you saying that the monitor is blank and off or there is a wall paper but nothing there?

If the monitor shows wallpaper and nothing there:

There is nothing wrong, it jsut means that your desktop is exptended to that side. You are allow to put more junk on desktop then ever before (not recomended of course) you can now move the start menu on the other side if you want.. Try it..

Please note the start menu will not extend to the second monitor.

If the monitor shows nothing:

First of all see if you have the check box that says stretch to other side. and make sure its enable also check device manager for hardware conflicts.

If you want the monitor to display the same thing as the first monitor:

Right click go to properties and on the display properties make sure the monitor is enable but uncheck the extend my desktop box then apply and then Ok

Najawe

Re: Using Dualview
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 06:28:51 AM »
The monitor is blank. And I have made sure of no hardware conflicts, and I have the box checked to stretch to the other side. And still I get nothing on my second monitor, just a blank screen.