Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A Little Feedback PLEASE!!!  (Read 2466 times)

HaroldtheGreat

A Little Feedback PLEASE!!!
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:21:08 PM »
I downloaded some video files onto blank discs, and although my Microsoft XP laptop sometimes plays them, it sometimes mistakenly reads the discs as blank.  How do I fix this?  Also, when I download video files on my PC, they work fine.  But when I try to play the discs on my laptop, I often have a lot of trouble, such as:  1. After a movie plays for awhile, my computer will suddenly shut down.  2. When I try to play certain discs, the computer tells me that the ClassFactory can't perform the requested action (or something to that effect).  3. The disc's video file will play, but fast-forwarding and rewinding are a nightmare.

How do I fix all of this?  Do I need special codecs or something?  Do the files play OK on my PC because that's where they were downloaded (as opposed to the problematic play of my laptop)?

Would someone PLEASE help me?

HaroldtheGreat

Re: data discs

Reply #1 - What kind of video files? What format? What software are you using? What operating system? What hardware? Did it ever work right? Any details at all?

Guru

Re: data discs

Reply #2 - Dear Guru:  Mostly AVI and DIVX.  I've tried several players, and Windows Media Player Classic seems to work best.  On my PC (which never has trouble), it's the regular Windows Media Player.  I burned the discs with Record Now!, and yes, my laptop has played some of them in the past.

Maksim

Hopeful
    Re: A Little Feedback PLEASE!!!
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 11:04:45 AM »
    I think I might have a solution to that problem.... I had the same problem too and this is what i did... When i downloaded a movie file from the internet... and i burned it on the disc... it works on my computer where the movie was origionaly downloaded.. but when i take the cd to another computer... It says cant play.... (the video is 600 mb.. size)  Here is the soultion that i did... I checked before i was burning... I had the option set to .. "ALLOW MORE FILES TO BE WRITTEN" When i took i took the check mark of that option it burned it and it works on the other pcs too... the other solution is might be the codecs... Here is a website you can download the codec from...
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=1226&s=95  (Its a codec Full Pack.. and its 2.69 .mb.  That might solve it...

HaroldtheGreat

Re: A Little Feedback PLEASE!!!
    « Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 04:06:25 PM »
    Thanks a lot, dude.  Much appreciated.