Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: conner tape drives  (Read 2683 times)

Cliff_Lewis

conner tape drives
« on: January 22, 2006, 12:36:42 PM »
Hi
I need to identify a conner tape drive!
Its the size of a floppy drive it is internal and has a 2gb tape
The no on the back reads "CT0073A" Im not shure where to plug it in.The connections on the rear suggest
that it goes in as a slave with the hard drive or it could go in with the floppy but the conections on the ribben in the computer seem to small for the connections on the back of the drive any idea's
Cliff

GX1_Man

Re: conner tape drives
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 12:48:14 PM »
Coould it be a SCSI tape drive?

Cliff_Lewis

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 11:09:49 AM »
Hi
Thanks for your reply but is does not have a scsi
connection on the back of the drive.The only ribben that fits is the hard drive ribben from the motherboard.
Cliff

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 02:37:38 PM »
Well it is IDE then. Your first post said it didn't fit any of your existing connections. h :-? :-? :-?

Cliff_Lewis

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 12:50:59 PM »
Hi again
Yes sorry about that!
I think it must be a ide drive, it has jumpers on the rear of the drive suggesting that it could be set up as a slave to the hard drive.Have you any idea where i could get the drivers for it.Also do you think it would do any harm to connect it up and try and identify it
Thanks for your help
Cliff :)

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 03:05:05 PM »
yes you can hook it up. Windows 2000 and later should identify it, but you will need to have appropriate backup software to get an use from it.