Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gigaby X570 Master Pcie issues  (Read 3200 times)

kisleinwe

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Gigaby X570 Master Pcie issues
    « on: July 12, 2020, 08:15:02 AM »
    Hi, this my first post on here so how you do.

I have just started a custom upgrade on my current system

I am using a X570 motherboard from gigabyte the master version (bios version f11)  a 3950 Ryzen CPU 64gb of memory and two Nvidia GPU:s, 2 x m.2 and 3x sata ports

The issue is I can only see one GPU in the bios, which is seated in 16x slot one.

The second GPU is in the 8x slot two

On boot up to the bios I don't see the second slot or it is not being picked up in the Bios software manager, ok before Its pointed out my testing of the issue started with Gigabyte tech support after different things such as:

1 clearimg the Cmos, I have swapped the cards and also run them separately
    I have change settings in the bios relating to the bifurcation PCIe not to mention the Gen config from auto through to Gen 4

I am started to thing this a faulty motherboard, but this is the second motherboard and both are brand new out of the box and from two different companies, my reasoning was in the  hope I would eliminate a common manufacturers fault.

My question is can two gpu's be run independently on this motherboard and if so how do I get both GPUs to be seen in bios

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Gigaby X570 Master Pcie issues
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 03:22:40 PM »
    Read yer MBoard manual...some require disabling a SATA port to enable dual GPU's...let us know.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "