Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 "S Mode"  (Read 12604 times)

Pratchett

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Windows 10 "S Mode"
    « on: June 07, 2020, 05:36:11 AM »
    Does anyone know if it is possible to revert back to windows 10 S mode. I have a laptop that came with windows 10 s mode. After it crashed I had to re-install windows 10. But would like it to have windows 10 in S mode. Can this be done?
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 12:05:16 PM by Allan »

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Windows 10 "S Mode"
    « Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 12:06:23 PM »
    I renamed your topic to something representative of your question and moved it to the appropriate sub-forum.

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 07:33:33 PM »
    A computer installed with Windows S mode can be switched out of S mode but cannot be switched back so I think that means that S mode must be set during installation. 

Here is an article I found regarding how to download and install Windows S mode: https://www.technipages.com/install-windows-10-s

Pratchett

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 04:28:28 AM »
      Interesting post. But it lead me to end up here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/education/windows/test-windows10s-for-edu

Or maybe I'm missing something? However I have come to the same conclusion that I don't seem to be able to install windows 10 in s-mode. The link above seems to be an evaluation version for schools to test? I would have thought the license on the laptop which is built into the bios would understand that the machine came with windows 10S. Why do they make it so difficult to reinstall.