Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I make myself the default user so Windows 10 will show my login first?  (Read 7056 times)

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    I use this computer 99% of the time so I want it to show my login first.  Right now it shows my dad's login first which is kind of annoying.  How can I make myself the default user so it shows my login first?  I have already made myself the administrator instead of him.  I searched for the answer in google and got this:   

1.  Press windows + x.
    2.  Select control panel.
    3.  Select user account.
    4.  Select Manage user account.
    5.  Choose the local account you want it to be default.
    6.  Login with local account and restart.

First of all, when I press windows + x it does not show the control panel on the start menu that pops up.  But if I search for the control panel and move on with the instructions I then get stuck on step 4 because my computer does not show that option either.  Why is my Windows 10 different?  How do I make myself the default user so it show my login first?

kburra

Beginner

The Control Panel option was included with earlier versions of Windows 10. However, since build 14942, Microsoft removed the Control Panel option and replaced it with the Settings option.Jan 24, 2018 (Win key + X)

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
        Even still, I can go to settings and manage my microsoft account, but I see no where to make the changes.