Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC going to sleep randomly  (Read 15816 times)

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: PC going to sleep randomly
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2020, 03:10:34 PM »
I checked the speccy report again.
I've had where like Toshiba and a few other computers have their own power management software that ignores whatever you have Windows Power Management set to for sleep mode etc. Does your computer have a bundled power management utility that is ignoring Windows power management?

I see you are using the HP recommended power profile perhaps try using the windows power profile.

Also can you check windows updates and make sure /26/2020 2020-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4565503)
has installed it was pending/showing stuck in the Speccy report.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 03:47:13 PM »
    I had to go to my other computer and after going to CMD found only the HP profile. The other 2 was performance and something else. The reason I'm on this computer is that the messed up one will only let me stay on line for about 3 seconds before it goes into it's sleep restart loop. I shut it down and am thing about rolling it back to the 1909 version. I have the 2004 now. I'll have to check on the update when it allows me more time.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 06:54:43 PM »
      Well you'll never believe this, I changed keyboards and everything has been normal for at least two hours.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 02:58:34 PM »
        Everything is still OK, who would have guessed that was the problem.