Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard/CPU Issues?  (Read 2478 times)

Mad_Monarch

Motherboard/CPU Issues?
« on: January 28, 2006, 01:15:41 PM »
I recently had some problems with my old Motherboard/CPU and I couldn't figure out why it was doing this.

CPU = AMD Athlon XP 3200+
Mobo = Asus A7V8X-X

Now, the other combo worked great for a few years, and then all of a sudden, I come home from work the other day and my computer is running, but there is nothing displayed. Monitor is working fine, I tested it out on another system, and tested the computer on another monitor which proceeded to make the new monitor display nothing.

All cables were checked, everything was fine.

I chalked it up that when I did my last Thermal Compound change, (which was 3 days before this occurence) that I had messed up somehow and screwed the CPU....So I went to a few forums to ask away.

No motherboard beeps when the computer starts at all.

I decided it was my video card, purchased a new one, same problems.

I then decided it was my motherboard/cpu so I purchased a new one.

Installed it not less then 30 minutes ago, and I'm still having the same problem, I have nothing being displayed on my monitor's, no special characteristics about the computer. No special enhancements.

New equipment is
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Asus A8V Socket 939 VIA Chipset

I'm going into withdrawl without my computer, and I can't seem to fix it this time. I'm "experienced" with computer knowledge, but only to a point, I've exhausted all my options save for swapping all the components in the computer for new ones. Can anyone tell me why my motherboard has no beeps, my monitor displays nothing.

If it was the RAM, would it not have some Beeps?, I've had RAM problems before, had to buy new ones, but I had beeps then.

GX1_Man

Re: Motherboard/CPU Issues?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 02:34:27 PM »
Tell us about the power supply, including brand name, size, model # and age.

I think it is either the PSU (which is still not funcrtioning correctly), an incorrect build, or a motherboard shorting in the case, in that order.

Mad_Monarch

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 03:01:13 PM »
Channel Well Technology (CWT)

Model: ATX-400

400w maximum output.

Roughly 2-3yrs old.

Daily usage, my computer runs 24/7.....I'm the kind that likes to have it always on. No Extra power usages other than a DVD-ROM, Cd-Burner, Western Digital 120GB HD 7000RPM and the motherboard w/ basic externals.

The computer powers up currently, at least that's what it looks like, the CPU fan starts up normally, the motherboard green LED Lights with full potential it seems.

I don't know what else really with size, it fits a standard ATX Fitting case.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 03:02:27 PM by Mad_Monarch »

Mad_Monarch

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 09:38:48 PM »
Erm, Bump up from 3rd page?......still can't figure out what is wrong with it.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 10:05:30 PM »
    Swap out the PSU as a test, I thought you would do that.

Mad_Monarch

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 12:47:01 PM »
    PSU swap I will do tonight when I get home, After that I'm going to connect the HD as a slave to my alternate computer and see if there is some problem with my HD.....but I don't think that would cause a problem with my display.

Just to reclarify my problem.

No display on my monitor, No Motherboard beeps when the computer is turned on.

Fan runs fine on both PSU and CPU, Unsure if HD is starting up.
    No USB Power, Unsure of DVD-ROM.

Motherboards were swapped, CPU's were swapped, Cables were rechecked in their proper positions.
    RAM was reseated.

PSU is a Channel Well Technology ATX-400 400W, this will be swapped tonight with a 500W, Unsure of Make/Model.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 12:47:28 PM by Mad_Monarch »