Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen  (Read 3502 times)

i77anoize

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen
    « on: September 05, 2020, 08:27:13 AM »
    Hello everyone i am posting because I'm desperate and i feel I've tried everything. I built my new computer specs are below

MOBO: MSI MAG b550 Tomahawk
    CPU: ryzen 5 3600
    RAM: Corsair vengeance 2×8gb
    GPU: MSI RTX 2070 SUPER
    HDD: 1tb seagate barracuda
    CPU Cooler: ID cooling auraflow 240

My issue is with my windows 10 install. Everything boots up fine fans work and everything and I'm able to get to my bios. I created a windows 10 install on usb and begin my install to my 1tb hdd. I set my boot options to the usb first then the hdd second. Begin windows custom install, delete partitions on hdd for fresh install, click next not new, install begins and gets devices ready and computer restarts, after reboot the motherboard screen appears and windows circles at bottom of screen begin spinning for a bit then just stop. I am able to see mouse on screen when i move it but it stays frozen.
    I have tried everything it seems to try and fix this. I've tried booting up with 1 ram stick, I've rest CMOS, updated bios, tried a different usb and a different harddrive for the installs, tried turning off system before it restarts, different sata and usb ports, unplugged all peripherals and internet. I have not tried taking everything a part but I've had this issue before and was able to fix but i cant remember how so i dont think taking everything apart will fix it. Please someone help!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 03:32:49 PM »
    How did you build this "custom Install" ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

i77anoize

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen
      « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 05:05:34 PM »
      Fixed it thank you. It was my RAM bought some new ones and the install finished.