Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Print size has ot very small on my laptop  (Read 3272 times)

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Print size has ot very small on my laptop
    « on: November 26, 2020, 03:52:32 PM »
    I have recently acquired a laptop and installed WI FI, however I have had problems keeping my connection,  A friend has helped with that issue but now my bookmarks and drop down boxes show extremely small print, nothing I do in settings helps, an additional glitch is the computer takes eighty seconds to start up. hopefully someone can help me. The computer is an ACER 315 42 R64E

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Print size has ot very small on my laptop
    « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 06:39:33 AM »
    Regarding the small print, press Ctrl-0 (Press and hold the Control key and then press the Zero key).  This will reset the browser zoom setting.

Would need more info regarding the 80 second startup, maybe it's installing updates or running a virus scan or something like that.

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 03:05:01 PM »
      what do you mean  CTRL-O and which is the zero key do you mean the letter o ?      Thanks for your interest.

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 11:50:51 AM »
        If you have standard hdd installed then 80 seconds is kinda normal. With ssd installed-not. Maybe you have a lot of background programs to run or some acer own software which starts on windows startup.
        You mean actual print or just a small view in browser? Did you try scaling option to resize the windows?