Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc stuck on reboot loop. Please help!  (Read 2444 times)

zan273

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    pc stuck on reboot loop. Please help!
    « on: December 13, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
    Hi Guys, my pc keeps rebooting. pc is newly built, all new parts except the psu (550w corsair-about 4 years old). Started about a month ago, it would randomly reboot every 10-15 mins and got progressively worse over 1-2 days until it rebooted every 1-2mins & i couldnt even access the bios. i re installed windows 10 which fixed this issue for about a month.

this weekend it stared rebooting again. i tested the graphics card by switching it out with an old one, no luck. i switched the ram to different slots(dont have any spare to test) i had a spare hd in there (which wasnt being recognized- i didnt even realize as i didnt use it) as soon as i removed it, the reboot loop stopped.My pc case is the thermaltake level10 gt, it has a bunch of built in HD slots & it was attached to one of those. it stopped the reboot loop for 2 days and now its back to rebooting every 5 mins.

Is it likely the psu or motherboard?

Here are my pc specs:
    http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Dq0IN6Dnmo802Lp5oISsTzr

ive found this too, if this helps at all:

Index : 1031
    EntryType : Information
    InstanceId : 2147484722
    Message : The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (DESKTOP-EAQN702) has initiated the power off
    of computer DESKTOP-EAQN702 on behalf of user DESKTOP-EAQN702\Zan for the following reason: Other
    (Unplanned)
    Reason Code: 0x0
    Shutdown Type: power off
    Comment:
    Category : (0)
    CategoryNumber : 0
    ReplacementStrings : {C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (DESKTOP-EAQN702), DESKTOP-EAQN702, Other (Unplanned),
    0x0...}
    Source : User32
    TimeGenerated : 5/12/2020 5:48:19 PM
    TimeWritten : 5/12/2020 5:48:19 PM
    UserName : DESKTOP-EAQN702\Zan

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: pc stuck on reboot loop. Please help!
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 06:48:09 PM »
    Hi

Checking the speccy report i see this is a new install of windows 10 installed on the 4th Dec 2020. It is most likely the power supply although the  GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
    should work with a 450 Watt power supply it is the only not new component. After windows has crashed like this it would pay to reload windows again after you get a new  supply.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan