Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: nothing on monitor  (Read 5707 times)

Beardy

Re: nothing on monitor
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 09:28:47 AM »
I also have the same problem  :-? . However when I start my computer I switch on in the follwing manner. Monitor first ( green light comes on on monitor ). The I turn on the PC...The monitor light then turns to Yellow...No beeps from the system at all, but the is no picture on the monitor. I have tried swapping the AGP graphics card, but this did not work. I have tried a new monitor...With this monitor I get a No Signal error on the monitor.

Nancy_O

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 09:33:01 AM »
No I dont think the clips broke off and I am not at home to get that info for you but I am sure it is INTEL

Midian

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 10:02:13 AM »
i have 3 computers nancy, one (had) an audio problem, and two of them wouldnt boot up, and one was fixed by resetting the jumpers. make sure you always ground yourself before you touch anything in your comp though, of course.

Nancy_O

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 10:44:39 AM »
Thanks and I hope you get yours fixed too!

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 12:51:38 PM »
    Nancy, take both the computers to a shop & tell them what happened.
    If you haven't damaged anything then it will be a 5 minute job to re-insert all the cards properly.

Nancy_O

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 03:48:52 PM »
    Easier said than done as I live way out in the boonies and money isn't good,  that is why I am here asking questions!  I reaeated ram again and now I get one long and 4 short beeps so back to the drawing board!  I am determined though.  Another thing, the one computer has onboard video but with just a nine pin female connector so if I enabled the onboard sound, took out the PCI video card and find a monitor cable with a nine pin male do you think that would help at all?