Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Using Wacome One Tablet with Serif DrawPlus X5  (Read 4663 times)

wightrob

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Using Wacome One Tablet with Serif DrawPlus X5
« on: January 29, 2021, 02:52:10 PM »
Hello, I have recently purchased a Wacom One input tablet. This is working with Windows Ink okay. I want to use it with Serif DrawPlus X5. This works for about 5 minutes then DrawPlus just freezes (not repsonding).  DrawPlus X5 is quite an old release and I am wondering if I need to use an older driver. My OS is Windows 10.  Any ideas?

Mart44

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Using Wacome One Tablet with Serif DrawPlus X5
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 08:17:25 AM »
    Using an older driver is worth trying. Also perhaps try running DrawPlus 5 in a Windows compatibility mode. If neither of those suggestions work, I don't think there would be too much else you can do. As said, DrawPlus 5 is an old program (released in 2000) and it might just down to it being too old to work with a modern tablet and/or operating system.

Old Wacom tablet drivers can be downloaded here..

https://www.wacom.com/en-gb/support/product-support/drivers

Scroll down the page and click the 'Older versions' link in the Windows section. Drivers listed there from 2004 onwards.

I appreciate wanting to stay with DrawPlus. It is a good drawing program and a pity it has been discontinued. It is still possible to find later versions (Amazon sells version X6 for around £10) and this might work better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Serif-DPX6-DF-ENG-STA-DrawPlus-X6-PC/dp/B00BXW6O9K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I have DrawPlus X8 working with an old Wacom Graphire drawing tablet (ET-0405-U) and these work OK with Windows 10.

Hind24P

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Using Wacome One Tablet with Serif DrawPlus X5
      « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 06:52:32 AM »
      Yes, most Wacom compatibility issues can be solved with older drivers, I don't know why, but there's always some time between the implementation of new drivers and full compatibility with all Windows versions.