Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop stuck on “Get even more out of Windows” screen  (Read 3438 times)

turbinejaws

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Laptop stuck on “Get even more out of Windows” screen
    « on: February 10, 2021, 06:39:42 PM »
    My Laptop has been stuck on the “Get even more out of Windows screen” for about an hour now, i’ve tried clicking “skip for now” & even the other option just to get off of the screen but the options just become greyed out & nothing happens beyond that. I’ve also tried shutting down with the power button, & using control alt delete to restart, though nothing seems to work or help.

MichaelNyby

Beginner
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Laptop stuck on “Get even more out of Windows” screen
      « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 02:40:37 PM »
      I tried to answer this question a bit ago and the answer that was clearly posted disappeared and I had asked a moderator via the PM system what happened, but many hours later I see no response.

And I am not so sure about the inserting of the image grab I always do when I post on a forum on the Net, so let me try and see what I can do to re-post my answer.

You have to turn off, or uncheck, some notifications that read something like "Show me something ..." and "Suggest something" --- depending on what version of Windows 10 you have determines if it is a turning off mechanism or an uncheck style.

And getting to those is going through Start > Settings > System > Notifications.  Actually the "Notifications" heading may look a bit different depending what version you are using, but I am not presently in a position to turn on my Windows 10 unit at this time and so please get back to this thread if some bit of these attempted instructions are not clear.

Frankly, my mental state isn't so great because of this being a second attempt at answering this question and no response to the attempt for some explanation.

kburra

Beginner

Re: Laptop stuck on “Get even more out of Windows” screen
        « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 06:12:45 PM »
        Try this.
        1.Open the Settings app.
        2.  Navigate to System > Notifications & actions.
         3. On the right, turn off (uncheck) the option Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows.
         4. Now you can close the Settings app.