Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims installation  (Read 3709 times)

Ed54_3

Sims installation
« on: February 05, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »
I installed sims and it worked fine. I borrowed some expansion packs and installed Unleashed. Before the installation completed, there was an error message. I can't remember what it said, but after that, sims wasn't installed on my computer. When I tried to install it again, everything worked fine, but when the installation actually started, it didn't do anything. It didn't read the cd, and the only way I could close the screen was with ctrl+alt+delete. I couldn't find any way to install it. The first time I installed it was with the original cd I borrowed from someone. I burned the cd and used it to play. Someone help!!

GX1_Man

Re: Sims installation
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 12:40:24 PM »
Game manufacturer's have many ways to prevent the piracy you are attempting. Perhaps if you had your own legal copy they would help? We don't do warez, cracks, or piracy here.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 02:12:05 PM »
GX1_Man, it very well could be a security device, however I am doubtful. Being a former "Sims Junkie" I installed the game and all of the packs I had (including unleashed) on my old computer as well as my new computer several times. I never had an issue. My suggestion to our viewer is to (1) Contact EA Support, becuase this is a lockup/crash issue during installation. Also make sure the system is compatible. I highly doubt that this is a security device doing this... They don't make you register or activate online or anything... As long as you have the key, that's it. Please get back with is.

Flame

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 05:36:24 PM »
There are problems copying the CD's and using those, though, no?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 05:40:25 PM »
Well, we're not sure if this is a burnt copy of the program yet. I would wonder why it did work, but no longer does. I suggest trying both CDs. I'm not saying that it's not a security device either. It's very possible. I just want more evidence before saying that's what it is.

Flame
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 05:42:22 PM by flame »