Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intel Pentium III  (Read 3127 times)

yourfalloutboy

Intel Pentium III
« on: February 04, 2006, 08:20:21 PM »
I purchased an Intel Pentium III 1000 MHZ - 1Ghz CPU Processor for my Hewlett Pachard computer. Does anyone know if that model will work in my pc?

GX1_Man

Re: Intel Pentium III
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 08:30:26 PM »
We know nothing about your computer and Miss Cleo is off today. Generally you cannot upgrade processors on HP's, etc., but if you want to share some details.... ::) ::) ::) ::)

Peter

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 01:13:49 PM »
I purchased an Intel Pentium III 1000 MHZ - 1Ghz CPU Processor for my Hewlett Packard computer. Does anyone know if that model will work in my pc?

What motherboard does it have and which processor is it using now?

If you install everest it will tell you all the details, if the computer is operational that is.

As it happens this computer has a PIII 1000MHz processor on an MSI-MS 6309 motherboard.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 01:14:51 PM by Peter »

Computer_Commando

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 04:00:19 PM »
We know nothing about your computer and Miss Cleo is off today. Generally you cannot upgrade processors on HP's, etc., but if you want to share some details.... ::) ::) ::) ::)
Does anyone but you and me know who Miss Cleo is?  Maybe Miss Cleo can tell us (LOL).

Peter

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 02:23:35 AM »
Maybe it is the sister of Miss Otis?

smileymattj

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 10:21:08 AM »
first thing to do, is there are two types of PIII's a traditional socket, and then a cartirage (looks like a SNES game). they are two differant styles easily destiguated for one another, open your computer, does it look like it will work.  if not no need to go farther, then if it will, goto HP's site enter your serial # and model #, to find out what kind of motherboard you have, google the motherboard to see what processors it will support.

also you can look up detailed specs of your processors on intel, use the spec# on the processor at: intel spec finder