Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installed Ram Made Monitor not work  (Read 2755 times)

Mars

Installed Ram Made Monitor not work
« on: February 07, 2006, 12:27:31 AM »
Hello i got one for all you out there, I'm good with puters but this ones got me pulling my hair out

I got p4 1.7ghz with 640 pc800 rambus 2 sticks of 256 and 2 of 64 all made my samsung
I just bought 2 sticks of 128 to replace the 2 of 64 also made my samsung
installed the 2 new sticks started pc back up and the monitor didn't work at all it wasn't getting a signal it said, took the 2 new sticks bring me down to 512 cuase i kept the 64's out as well still nothing on the monitor, took the 2 256 sticks out put the 2 new ones in alone and same thing, took them out put the 64's in same thing finaly i put the 64's and the 256's back in the way it was when i started and it worked again, can anyone tell me why i can't change my ram at all can't add any or remove any the only problem i have is that it wont send a signal to my monitor please help i only have like 2 more patchs of hair left to pull out

GX1_Man

Re: Installed Ram Made Monitor not work
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 04:57:02 PM »
Are you sure you got the right memory? www.crucial.com to check. Be sure and check all the specs.

If they don't show Rambus on the site (and they may not), who is the motherboard or commputer manufacturer? What specs does the RAM need to be and did you match it EXACTLY?