Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changes to Google authentication disable my email client.  (Read 4006 times)

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Experienced
Changes to Google authentication disable my email client.
« on: June 29, 2021, 07:09:01 AM »
My email account is with Google (Gmail) and through POP (?) I access it in THE OBSOLETE (but still working well) Windows Live Mail (WLM 2012). Today Google emailed me that in a month I have no choice but to go with TwoStepVerification (2SV), so I set it up immediately. Since then, WLM has not stopped asking me for my Google password, until I cancelled the 2SV. That solves my problem for a month, but not beyond that. Does anybody know a way of satisfying WLM's craving for a password under 2SV ?

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Changes to Google authentication disable my email client.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 01:48:20 PM »
Hi
Windows live mail is now an obsolete program. You could try emclient  https://www.emclient.com/download
The program supports importing settings and mail from windows live mail as well as outlook. Has the same look as Live mail.
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan