Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Password prompted on resume from standby  (Read 2486 times)

banzai

Password prompted on resume from standby
« on: February 07, 2006, 09:45:38 PM »
Hi,
  I have this dell latitude laptop running Win XP pro, sp2. It used to be configured so that when coming back from standby or hibernate mode, it would not prompt me for my password - this is what I want.
  But today, I set the computer up so that it is now part of a domain (it wasn't before), and now it keeps prompting me for my password when waking up. If I go in the power management options, advanced tab, the option "Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby" is checked and *grayed out*, so I can't uncheck it - this is my problem. The user account from where I'm doing this is part of the local administrators group, but not the domain administrators group.
  So is it that when you are part of a domain, it always prompt you for your password when resuming from standby and you don't have the option? Is there a way to bypass this grayed out check box? Thanks!

Cheers,
Francois

vibhor_agarwalin

Adviser

Re: Password prompted on resume from standby
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 11:20:20 PM »
    That means you domain administrator has make a generic profile and put all users or you into it.

Ask you domain administrator for that.

In general these things don't have any relationship with domain unless specially did.
    Vibhor Kumar Agarwal

banzai

Re: Password prompted on resume from standby
    « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 09:11:56 AM »
    That means you domain administrator has make a generic profile and put all users or you into it.

Yeah, that's what I'm finally starting to understand. Thanks for your answer.
    F.