Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Application has encounterd a problm  (Read 1980 times)

Echo

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Addicted to online games
    • Experience: Beginner
    Application has encounterd a problm
    « on: February 07, 2006, 11:15:17 PM »
    This is the error message im getting and explaination is below:
    "Irth client has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".

Irth is a game I have been playing with no problem til yesturdays patch. After the patch I attempted to log into game and after I started the game launcher and it updated files I got the above messege. The head developer of the game thinks its a os problem and suggested I "restore" to an earlier date (before patch) I restored my comp as directed and after hours of patching I still got the same above message.  I have error messages in event viewer and when the head dev looked at the pic I took of the event viewer he said it didnt tell him much. My bf is about to reinstall the whole OS, but before we do that I thought I might be able to get some help here.

Firewalls is permitting Irth client
    Disabled spy sweeper
    Disabled Nortin Utilities
    I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it also, with the same results.i have a western digital 80gb 7200 rpm/8mb buffer

I hope I gave u enough info. How can I get the game to work again.
    Computer: Windows 7 ultimate/SP3,/680i lite Sli mobo/512MB DDR3 NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX/  (2GB kit (1GB x 2 Balistix 240-pin DIMM (ALIENWARE) (12/10 new hd)-seagate barracuda 7200.2 1 TB -7200rpm 32mbcache sata 3.0gb 3.5 Internal harddrive

vibhor_agarwalin

Adviser

Re: Application has encounterd a problm
      « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 11:30:48 PM »
      OS formatting is the last option.

A simple try might solve your purpose  8-)

Uninstall and reinstall the game.  :P

Keep us updated.
      Vibhor Kumar Agarwal

Echo

Topic Starter

Beginner
      • Addicted to online games
        • Experience: Beginner
        Re: Application has encounterd a problm
        « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:54:31 AM »
        That was what I did first thing...I reinstalled the game and still got the same error message.

today I took out the Windows xp home edition disk to reinstall the os. On the main menu the disk gave me the option to install os or Repair, so I chose repair 1st. After repairing was done I tried logging into game and got the same error message. So I felt I had no choice but to reinstall the os.

I preceded to install the windows home Xp everything was going fine until I got to the "partition" part. It gave me a choice....install on Ftps (i think, it wasnt an FAT) or unpartition. I 1st chose "unpartition", next screen told me that it was to small to install onto. So I chose FTPS (that was my only other choice) The next screen told me that if I continued to install on FTPS partition it is posible that I would be installing another operating system and that the operating system would become unstable. Well the words "unstable" and "2 os" made me back out of the whole process. I have done this before but I forgot what I did on the partition part. Should I continue and ignore the message about 2 os and unstability. I dont understand why there would be 2 os there to begin with. Im installing an os which I thought would wipe out the old os. Help if u can...
        Thank you....
        « Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:57:09 AM by Echo »
        Computer: Windows 7 ultimate/SP3,/680i lite Sli mobo/512MB DDR3 NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX/  (2GB kit (1GB x 2 Balistix 240-pin DIMM (ALIENWARE) (12/10 new hd)-seagate barracuda 7200.2 1 TB -7200rpm 32mbcache sata 3.0gb 3.5 Internal harddrive