Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard Help! Desperate!  (Read 2165 times)

Advance_Boar

Keyboard Help! Desperate!
« on: February 11, 2006, 09:23:50 PM »
:-? :( Okay, I have this huge problem with my keyboard. My number lock key is "stuck". The light won't turn on when I press number lock, nothing happens at all actually! The number pad acts like arrows when I log on, (4:right, 6:left, etc). Like I said I can't change it! This is true with my Caps lock too! (just won't work) I need my number lock for a variety of reasons and I have had this problem for a couple of months now, and I am on the virge of breaking! Please help!

Desperately Yours, The Boar... :-/ :'(
-Ask if you have any questions.

GX1_Man

Re: Keyboard Help! Desperate!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 09:26:50 PM »
Time for a new keyboard?  Try another one to see if the problem is with the keyboard. If it is, toss it. They are cheap and proper functioning is required.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 09:32:38 PM by GX1_Man »

Advance_Boar

Desperate!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 09:29:27 PM »
This is a fairly new keyboard, and I really don't want to get rid of it, it's pretty nice. I got it a year or two ago. Can anyone please help me, I have XP proffesional, and before I log on the light is on, after it, it turns off. I can't change it either way. Help please!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 09:34:13 PM by Advance_Boar »

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 09:41:56 PM »
Good luck. I would try the other keyboard idea to see. You may want to pry off the keys and monkey around in there.

Advance_Boar

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 09:51:46 PM »
Just for the record of who else wants to try this dilema, I pried off the keys, looks good, pressed the button that the key presses, nothing. Just curious, could this have anything to do with the software for the keyboard software, or the drivers, or maybe just the hardware isn't agreeing with each other. Open to any, and all suggestions. Thank you!

-The Boar

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 02:31:13 AM »
Have you posted this support request in more than one section?  I'm getting a big deja vu.  ::)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Advance_Boar

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 08:02:40 AM »
Yeah sorry, I never saw the hardware section b4. Sorry! :-[