Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My GPU only working at 30% after moving  (Read 5948 times)

tudutowo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    My GPU only working at 30% after moving
    « on: July 14, 2021, 12:54:53 AM »
    I just moved yesterday with my computer. Before moving, my computer was working perfectly fine. Absolutely no problem, always super fast. Now that I plugged it at my new place, when I opened my favorite game, I saw that it was super slow. Unplayable. And when I tested other games, it was the same. Too slow. And the games I tested are on multiple drives and it’s still super slow. When I opened my task manager, I saw that the GPU was only working at 30% when usually it works at 100%. What surprises me is that every game I tried is really slow but when I tried Blender (a free open source 3D program), everything was just fine and my GPU was working at 100%. I went to the graphics settings on windows and all my games at set to high performance and I also changed global settings in NVidia control panel for the power settings. I also tried Benchmarks and it says that my GPU is perfectly working. I don’t know what to do anymore and I would really like some help.
    These are my specs:

CPU: i9-10900F
    GPU: RTX 3060 12gb
    Storage: 500gb NVME SSD
    500gb HDD
    1tb HDD
    RAM: 32gb

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: My GPU only working at 30% after moving
    « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 05:14:31 AM »
    Open the computer and check that all cards are properly seated and all cables tightly connected. It is not unusual for something to "shake loose" during transport.