Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Logging boot times?  (Read 2572 times)

chaoswithin

Logging boot times?
« on: February 06, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »
I need to find a program that logs everytime that my computer is booted (ie, The computer is turned on at 7am, when i turn it back on at 9pm, i need to be able to check that it was turned on earlier that day at 7am).  I've tryed google and cant find anything :-/  Sry if the description is a little vague, bbut its the best i can do right now >_>

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Logging boot times?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 05:00:50 PM »
Which Operating System are you using :-?

If you are using Windows XP then your System Events Log should already hold this info...

Please read this.

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:51:10 PM »
    If you are using W2K then your System Events Log will already hold this info.

chaoswithin

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 11:21:54 AM »
    o.O sry, i did read it but i was in a rush and running out of time of the comp (was at a library).

I use Windows XP, service pack 2.  56G internal, 80G external.  400mb ram.  Erm... thats all I really know >_>  A friend made it for me, so I'm not sure what the make or anything would be... (lol, an intermediate w/ a great comp).  

I've read that Windows XP should already do it by itself, and if not then i can mod something to make it start doing it, but I'm not exactly sure as to how to do that...  I googled it up, but the directions I used didnt work... it was talking about editing the MSDOS.sys file and stuff like that >_> I just want to get to the boot log, not edit sys extention files and possibly screw up my comp...

any helps appreciated ^_^ thx!

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »
      Start>Settings>Control Panel>Admin Tools>Event Viewer>System Log