Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: display is incomplete  (Read 4149 times)

hopeforme

display is incomplete
« on: February 08, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »
Help.  I don't even know what to call this problem; can only describe it.  Web pages don't load completely.  Background colors are missing.  Some sidebar menus are missing, although the cursor can recognize that they are there when passing over the blank space.  Another example- at Amazon, click on a book to look inside, comes up blank.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Happens on IE or Mozilla.  Montior is NVidia.

GX1_Man

Re: display is incomplete
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 05:25:58 PM »
OK and how about some helpful information, like computer specs, operating system, service pack, adware/spyware/virus protection being used, what happened prior to this, etc.  :-? nVidia doesn't make monitors.  ::)

hopeforme

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 12:58:11 PM »
Sorry about the lack of info.  HP pavillion a250n, running Windows XP, monitor is MAG, graphics card is Invidia GeForce 4MX 440 with AGP 8x, Norton anti-virus, Spy-bot.  All worked fine until I downloaded Mozilla 1.5 but problem happens with either Mozilla or IE.  I have tried System Restore and have re-installed Nvidia, but problem persists.  Another example:  The map is invisible on mapquest, though the rest of the page is fine.  Cursor changes from pointer to hand as it passes over map area, but you can't see anything. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

hopeforme

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 07:16:14 PM »
I still need help.  Is there any hopeforme???  :'(

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 02:53:17 PM »
Are you on dial-up with some sort of internet accelerator, by chance?

hopeforme

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 07:32:50 PM »
Road Runner cable, which I've used for the past 18 months.  No changes.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 10:39:47 PM »
Help.  I don't even know what to call this problem; can only describe it.  Web pages don't load completely.  Background colors are missing.  Some sidebar menus are missing, although the cursor can recognize that they are there when passing over the blank space.  Another example- at Amazon, click on a book to look inside, comes up blank.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Happens on IE or Mozilla.  Montior is NVidia.
My son recently had a problem which lead him to think his Internet connection was not working; IE would not display web pages.  We discovered that partition C on his partitioned drive was getting very full.  He moved My Documents to partition D to free up some space and his web browsing returned to normal.  

Also, might be a good idea to run DiskCleanup; be sure to include Temporary Internet files.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:40:20 PM by soybean »