Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Google Play Store Home Country Issue  (Read 18933 times)

capper

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Google Play Store Home Country Issue
    « on: August 15, 2021, 11:58:47 PM »
    I live in Canada but for some reason a couple of months ago my Google Play Store got switched to Japan.  As a result, the available apps were quite different from what was used to and what I needed.  I googled the issue and managed to switch my home country setting back to Canada.   A couple of months later, I noticed that somehow this happened again - my home country got switched again to Japan.

When I initially was able to change it to Canada, I read that you can only switch your home country once per year.  I tried to switch it back to Canada a second time and it doesn't seem to want to allow me to do so.  I assume it is because of this regulation.

Can anyone assist by providing a way to rectify this problem?   

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Google Play Store Home Country Issue
    « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 01:30:40 AM »
    I suggest you check your google account for other computers/devices  logged into the account. If there is more than 1 device is  one in Japan?
    If you don't have 2 step authentication turned on it may be a good idea to enable it
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan