Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MOBO doesnt detect soundcard!?!?!?  (Read 2298 times)

tvarmy04

MOBO doesnt detect soundcard!?!?!?
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:45:10 PM »
 :-? ok for some reason my mobo detects my creative SB live 5.1 digital soundcard at the start up but when i try to install the driver for it it gets half way installing it then i get an error saying that the soundcard cant be detected??? :-?  :-?  :-? but when i look in my device manager it shows up that its there?? i can get sound playing but i got 6.1 logitech speakers taht i cant use because of the soundcard anyhelp please???? if it helps i have a GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY GA 8IPE 1000-L

GX1_Man

Re: MOBO doesnt detect soundcard!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 03:48:53 AM »
Be sure the onboard sound is disabled in the BIOS.

tvarmy04

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 06:30:55 AM »
it is and ive tried every pci slot

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 07:28:30 AM »
    Is it the latest driver for that card you are using, or one from the disk you got with the card. Choose a driver thats compatible and download it, but not the same one that you have been using.

Remove the card under device manager, sound video game controllers and try install the driver again.
    « Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 11:29:35 AM by Frankie »

tvarmy04

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 09:31:46 AM »
    ive tried taht already and it still doesnt work?!?!@  ive even tried getting different drivers and it all comes up the same i get about half way installing the driver and then i get an error saying the mother board cant detect any type of soundcard. but when i look in the device manager it reads it