Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Webcam  (Read 18872 times)

RoseQuartz3660

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Webcam
    « on: August 26, 2021, 07:57:01 PM »
    twice now whilst on zoom my camera has glitched out and turned into a black screen. the first time I simply had a BIOS update and it worked after that but this time I've tried updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the camera one and scanning for hardware changes which does nothing, it also says the cameras working fine. I checked for a Bios update (none) I tried going back to before it broke using the control panel that also did nothing, I've talked to an IT company online they said it would cost the amount of the actual laptop ($800 when I got it) to fix ( I think they were being sneaky though). I've also run a diagnostic scan on the Lenovo website which identified nothing except that may fans apparently don't exist. the laptop itself is only a year and a half old and has had no physical damage haven't dropped it or anything. please help me I need my camera for online school.

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Webcam
      « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 02:43:28 PM »
      You are talking about integral webcam right? Sometimes you can use the older driver for webcam and it might help. I know it's kinda stupid (and somehow expensive) but can you try with some other webcam (like logitech c270 perhaps)?

berwea

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        Re: Webcam
        « Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 05:55:05 AM »
        twice now whilst on zoom my camera has glitched out and turned into a black screen. the first time I simply had a BIOS update and it worked after that but this time I've tried updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the camera one and scanning for hardware changes which does nothing, it also says the cameras working fine. I checked for a Bios update (none) I tried going back to before it broke using the control panel that also did nothing, I've talked to an IT company online they said it would cost the amount of the actual laptop ($800 when I got it) to fix ( I think they were being sneaky though). I've also run a diagnostic scan on the Lenovo website which identified nothing except that may fans apparently don't exist. the laptop itself is only a year and a half old and has had no physical damage haven't dropped it or anything. please help me I need my camera for online school.
        192.168.l.l 10.0.0.1 192.168.0.1

I think you should try with a different webcam.