Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mostly empty folders when burn to CD using NTI CD  (Read 2353 times)

havers

Mostly empty folders when burn to CD using NTI CD
« on: February 08, 2006, 09:58:33 AM »

I have NTI CD + DVD maker gold 6
I had no problem for 9 months recording to CD.

My first recording to DVD and most subsequent recordings to CD gave most folders as empty i.e. the folder is there but there is nothing inside it - neither files nor subfolders. However, some folders contain exactly what they should. Other folders contain subfolders as expected but these subfolders are empty. There is no pattern as to which folders are copied correctly except that those early in the list (i.e. near the beginning of the alphabet) are more likely to be copied.

Occasionally the disc records OK.

I have checked very carefully after I have done the drag and drop that all the subfolders and files are there in the layout so they are set up to copy.

I have tried various CD and DVD types including the type of CD I used succssfully to begin with.

I have Acer travelmate with Pentium M 725 processor, 60GB HD, 512 MB DDR

Any ideas as to the problem?

GX1_Man

Re: Mostly empty folders when burn to CD using NTI
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 05:03:56 PM »
I would try some other burning software to see if that is the problem or the drive. First, you may want to just delete the software, reboot, and reinstall it, if that is possible.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+cd+burning+software