Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dual Monitors "ghost cursor"  (Read 2762 times)

user44507

Dual Monitors "ghost cursor"
« on: February 10, 2006, 08:57:46 PM »
When I plug in a 2nd monitor to my laptop, I get a second (useless) cursor on the 2nd monitor.  For instance, if the monitors are set up [1][2] and I have the cursor on monitor 1, a ghost or mirror cursor will appear on monitor 2.  Only the left cursor will be able to function.  When I move the main cursor over to monitor 2, the ghost cursor dissapears off the screen to the right.  The whole situation is more of an annoyance than anything as I sometimes lose which is the 'real' cursor.  Any way to eliminate this funky double cursor thingy?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

GX1_Man

Re: Dual Monitors "ghost cursor"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 06:28:39 AM »
Do we get any specific clues about the monitor or the laptop, or are we just expected to guess?   :-?

user44507

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »
Being new to this forum, (1 post---I'm sure you noticed) I didn't realize that the solution to the problem I was facing was dependent on the kind of monitor and/or laptop.  I thought, to make an analogy, that it was like asking how to jump-start a car battery, and it wouldn't matter if it was an '89 Ford or a '06 Mercedes.

I think it would have been easy for you to deduce from the phrasing of my question that I am a rookie in these matters and it would have been just as easy for you, since you did reply, to inform me that these peices of information were needed in a polite manner, instead of the snide, 'do I have to guess' that I received.

I realize that this is a volunteer service, and I appreciate this forum being here.  The reason for its existence is because so many of us aren't very knowledgeable about these particular matters.

Also, my goal isn't to make this personal.  I thank you for reading the question and being interested enough to want to try and help, I just was a bit offended to be perceived as a 'dope' because I didn't provide the information that you needed in the original post, although my wife thinks you may be on to something.

I think the problem has been solved from a reply I received in another forum.

Thank you for your time.

J.T.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 03:57:18 PM »
Sorry you got your panties in a wad over this perceived offense, but nonetheless, we are interested in a solution if someone else comes along with a similar issue.

We do get a lot of people who post no info, which we then have to drag out of them to get a solution to THEIR problem. Strange isn't it? That may be why you got no other responses to your original question "rude" or otherwise - nothing to work with.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 03:59:04 PM by GX1_Man »