Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook2k Contac won't search for email addresses  (Read 3169 times)

jerryrm

Outlook2k Contac won't search for email addresses
« on: February 11, 2006, 07:18:15 AM »
 I use my contact folder extensively. It used to search (find) email addresses in the contact form to link to a contact where I didn't have a name associated with it. After doing a re-install, it won't search the email field for addresses entered into it. Thanks.

jerryrm

Re: Outlook2k Contac won't search for email addres
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 08:56:19 AM »
This one must be tough since there is no answer yet?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 09:53:06 AM »
When you've typed part of the name in the To/CC/BCC field, try pressing Ctrl+K.  Does that find the contact details?

If this doesn't work, find the Contacts folder.  Right click on it and choose Properties.  Click on the Outlook Address Book tab.  Ensure that "Show this folder as an e-mail address book" is checked.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

jerryrm

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 03:32:20 PM »
I think you are on to something. If I open a new message to compose and put part of the email address in, if there is a name associated with it, it finds the name of the person, if there is one, when I do the Ctrl+k, but if I want to make changes to my Contact information, I have to make the extra steps to go back and forth between the inbox and contact. Also, some emails don't have a name associated with them and so it doesn't find those through this approach.

I checked the properties as you suggested. It is checked but faded out so it can't be unchecked. The Name of address book line has Contacts in it.

Now where do we go? Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 03:33:23 PM by jerryrm »

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 03:55:45 PM »
Okay, here's something else to try.  Bring up Internet Explorer (shudder).  Tools-->Options.  Click the Programs tab.  What program is showing for "Contact list"?
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

jerryrm

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 05:07:51 PM »
Outlook is showing. Thanks.