Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can anyone remap a desktop's headphone jack to some other jack on Windows 10?  (Read 16480 times)

sirgilmour

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Learning is the only way
    • www.maxartwurk.com
  • Experience: Experienced
I fried the headphone jack on my HP P7-1549 desktop today, by removing the soundblasters cable from it while one of the few speakers linked to it was still on. It made a buzzing sound and since then the is no sound or very little unless I crank it up at maximum.
A few years ago the same happened with an older pc and I succeeded to remap the headphone jack to any of the 5 others on the back using win7's regedit and old Realtek drivers : https://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2197-realtek-hd-changing-jack-output-reassignments-fix.html

Since then no one seems to have found a way to do the same with Windows 10. I would love a programmer to make a simple software to choose which jack to remap easily.

Anyone can lend a hand?

My only workaround for now is a little usb drive with a portable soundcard, but I hope it's temporary.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:40:21 PM by sirgilmour »

bravedan

Rookie

I plugged a jack into a Win 10 machine and a menu box appeared asking me to choose what I wanted to use it for.

I thought this was std Win 10 process??

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    If front panel audio jack is bad you can unplug the audio port plug to the front panel and the system wont sense the loopback of this as a valid audio port maybe. Some of the audio port connections have a single wire that acts as a loop back for the system to know that there is a audio jack connected at the other end of the connection and unplugging it may be the cure and then just use the rear audio jack. If the audio jack is the one that is in the rear that is damaged that is integrated to the main board then the only option is to replace the main board or use one of those USB stick audio cards ( or ) install a sound card and have that set as the connection that you want if a PCI Express slot is available to taking a sound card which then bypasses the integrated sound.