Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random programs drop to very low fps a few seconds after being opened  (Read 15705 times)

GGGer

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz   1.19 GHz

My problem is that randomly, certain programs will drop to around 1-2 fps. This doesn't happen at first, and I'm not sure what exactly happens that causes this, because the programs will work fine for a decent portion of time before slowing down. Examples of programs that do this: Spotify, Discord, Steam, Chrome

Some more context is that if Spotify or Discord drop, I can use the browser versions and they work fine (unless chrome isn't working either) I make sure that I have as few background programs running as possible.

Some help or advice would be good.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Random programs drop to very low fps a few seconds after being opened
    « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 09:15:26 PM »
    What does the CPU/GPU temp show when checking system temps. That CPU has ability to turbo to 3.6 ghz and maybe its running too hot and thermal throttles causing the lag that your getting. Also do you have plenty of free space or is the system heavily filled with data and paging is causing lag with a stuffed drive maybe.