Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC boots to BIOS screen  (Read 12032 times)

SrCordeiro

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    PC boots to BIOS screen
    « on: December 08, 2021, 05:34:25 PM »
    Hello,

Yesterday at night, my PC booted to this screen:

It doesn't make any beep sound, just shows this.
    I've opened the case to check everything was connected, it seemed so and also the fans were all spinning, everything looked fine.

After some tries and investigation, I've entered the BIOS settings to check the boot configuration, particularly the boot order and if the  "fast boot" option was active:

The "fast boot" option was indeed active. I disabled it and also played with the order of "Boot priority" alternating between UEFI or the other one. Eventually it booted to Windows.

I thought "problem solved", since there was a Windows 10 update I thought maybe there was some change that didn't go well with my BIOS settings.

This morning the PC booted fine, I've worked with it and performed normally during the day. But now at night I turned it on and got the screen again!
    I checked the BIOS and "fast boot" was active again, what the *censored*?!

Changed it and played again with the boot order and after a few tries the boot went normally again. When Windows starts all things work smoothly.

So my question is what the *censored* is happening? Is there any component failing?

I have my PC since 2013, it's been working flawlessly and only had a upgrade about 1 year ago (GPU, CPU cooler and new 1TB SSD).

The current setup:
    CPU Intel i7 4770 3.4GHz
    ARCTIC Freezer 34 CPU Cooler
    MBO Asus Z87 plus
    GPU MSI Nvidia GTX 1660 super
    RAM 2x 8GB DDR3
    SSD Samsung EVO 1TB (where Win 10 is installed)
    SSD Samsung 250GB 840 basic
    HDs 2TB, 3TB and 4TB drives
    PSU Cooler Master G 700w

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: PC boots to BIOS screen
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 05:58:25 AM »
    Replace the CMOS battery...Part # CR2032
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "