Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I help my laptop recognize Bluetooth headphones?  (Read 22526 times)

Isaiah90

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    How can I help my laptop recognize Bluetooth headphones?
    « on: December 26, 2021, 12:10:02 PM »
    I have an HP 15.6" Laptop with Windows 10, DVD Player/Writer, Bluetooth/HDMI/Ethernet - 1TB Storage (15-db0031nr) that won't recognize Sony MDRXB950b1 extra base headphones. I tried contacting Sony and they said there's nothing wrong with the headphones. I bought a Bluetooth adapter and that didn't work. I tried uninstalling Bluetooth, starting and stopping Bluetooth services, using a different USB port, Turning bluetooth on and off, enabling Bluetooth, making PC discoverable, upating windows, tried event viewer and making sure Bluetooth support service worked. Nothing worked. I really need help!

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: How can I help my laptop recognize Bluetooth headphones?
      « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 10:42:51 AM »
      https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/xb950b1/v1/en/contents/TP0001176166.html

Can you pair any other device? If yes, the procedure with sony is problematic, if no, bluetooth on your laptop acts strange :)

Isaiah90

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 07:46:41 PM »
        https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/xb950b1/v1/en/contents/TP0001176166.html

Can you pair any other device? If yes, the procedure with sony is problematic, if no, bluetooth on your laptop acts strange :)

I can pair with my phone. I also tried using a Bluetooth adapter for my MP3 player and it didn't work still.

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 01:27:23 PM »
          so, problems are with devices that have simple connection or pairing? on phone you can see code (or something) which bt adapter sends from pc to your phone and you can confirm the pairing. on mp3 player or speakers that part is missing so it must be something there...
          just to be clear...not looking for speakers but in general:
          press button for enabling pairing on device (with bt turned on of course)
          search for devices on compter
          click on found devices on computer to pair and confirm pairing
          it should be working?

Isaiah90

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 10:53:32 AM »
            I tried pairing my Bluetooth headphones to my laptop and it didn't work.